Laser safety in a nutshell:
- Never look into laser beam.
- Never point laser at any person or animal.
- Never point laser randomly at highly reflective surfaces(e.g. mirrors, windows).
- Never try out/experiment with any laser(s), whose wavelength and/or power-level is unknown.
- Stay away from invisible(e.g. IR-Laser) lasers. If you don't know what those are, you definitely should NOT buy/test/play with any of those.
- Don't buy fancy overpowered laser(s) to use with DAVID. 5-10 mW is enough.
- If you need to use any kind of laser(s) outdoors, be sure to take every precautions needed.
More information about laser safety: